I’ve helped people from all walks of life improve their lives in a wide range of ways: from getting pregnant to overcoming pain to making important shifts in their lives. The truth is, the universe and everything in it is moved by energy. And what do you think happens when energy becomes stagnant or stuck? It can cause all kinds of issues. My mission is to help you clear and align your energy so you can flow with the life you’re meant to live.
From Microsoft to Energy Medicine
When I was working for Microsoft with a Masters in Cognitive Psychology from the University of Washington in hand, I wouldn’t have imagined that one day I’d be communicating with the spirits of unborn babies and working with energy. I lived and worked with concrete data—and loved it. “If you can’t measure it, then it doesn’t exist.” That was the foundation of my work.
When I was in my late-20s I was injured in a car accident and was told by my doctors that I would have to learn to live with pain in my jaw for the rest of my life. Unwilling to swallow that pill, I took a Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction course and underwent craniosacral therapy at the recommendation of a friend. To everyone’s astonishment, I was pain-free in six months and have remained so ever since.
Years later when I had difficulty conceiving my second child, I stepped outside conventional medicine again. I had tried many things: consultations with reproductive endocrinologists, Clomid, IUIs, acupuncture and restorative yoga. Ultimately, it was energy medicine and the insights of Walter Makichen, renowned fertility intuitive and author of Spirit Babies, that helped me to get pregnant and give birth to a delightful daughter who is now in elementary school.
The car accident introduced me to the idea that there’s more to health than meets the eye. My path to fertility cracked open my intuition and helped me to heal old traumas, including a devastating miscarriage and the death of my mother when I was 10. To get there, I had to learn how to slow down and let go—not an easy task for a lifetime Type A super achiever.
Training My Intuition
My formal training in intuition and energy medicine, including mentorships under Walter Makichen as well as another intuitive master, spanned more than 10 years.
I enrolled in the Academy of Intuition Medicine® at the urging of an intuitive who had been introduced to me while I was trying to conceive. I was so inspired by the program that I earned a Master Certification in Intuition Medicine so that I could learn to use my gifts to help others.
In addition to strengthening and expanding my intuitive capability and mastering the practice of energy medicine, I also completed a training in Medical Intuition to be able to “see” disease in the physical body.
More details about my education and training at the bottom of this page.
My Intuition and Energy Medicine Practice
My practice has grown organically and almost entirely through word-of-mouth. Many of my clients are healers who want help managing their own energy and strengthening their intuition. I have a special expertise in fertility and conscious parenting, and I consult with people from all walks of life who are seeking an energetic shift, deeper spiritual understanding and intuitive guidance.
While I have a Master Certification in Intuition Medicine® from the Academy of Intuition Medicine, an MA in clinical psychology, an MS in cognitive psychology and have received training in prenatal and perinatal psychology, I’m not a psychologist, psychotherapist, physician, or other licensed healthcare provider and my services are not licensed by the State of California. I’m able to offer my services as an alternative healing arts practitioner under California’s Health Care Freedom Law.
If you feel stuck or drained in any area of your life, I can help you clear energetic blockages that may be holding you back from what you want to achieve.
Click the button below and book your first session with me.
Developing the Energetic Fertility Method™
You can take the researcher out of the lab, but you can’t take the lab out of the researcher. I still place a high value on research, measurement and repeatable methods.
As a result, I developed the Energetic Fertility Method which outlines field-tested approaches and techniques intended to help women who are having difficulty conceiving as well as those who want to approach conception from a more conscious perspective. Several times a year, I offer training for a select group of healers who would like to learn the method so they can offer it to their clients.
Also Excited to Announce My New Book on The Subject
The Energetic Fertility Method: Tools for a Healthy Conception and Beyond
“This book is an outgrowth of my own unique background: my personal struggle with infertility, my extensive work with Walter Makichen, renowned clairvoyant and author of Spirit Babies: How To Communicate With The Child You’re Meant To Have, and my studies in energy medicine, including Intuition Medicine® (M.I.M.). My training in Clinical Psychology (M.A.), Cognitive Psychology (M.S.), User Experience Research, and yoga and meditation also informed the creation of EFM.”
Want a sneak peak?
How I Work
I am based in the San Francisco Bay Area and conduct sessions via phone and Skype.
What to Expect
In your first session with me, we’ll start with a brief discussion about what you’re interested in exploring. Then I’ll go into a meditative state to receive information about your situation on a spiritual and energetic level. What happens next varies from session to session, but you can count on me sharing what I’m sensing and answering any questions you have along the way.
My 1 On 1 Sessions
My sessions run 60 minutes in length. These sessions could include a combination of intuitive reading, energy medicine and coaching. It depends on where you are, what you are seeking and what I “see.”
If you’re serious about clearing your horizon and recharging your energy so can achieve your goals from a place of alignment and power, I invite you to book your first session with me.
Simply click the button below and book a session your session.
While working in the field of Psychology,
I felt called to evolve my learning and integrate what our culture calls complementary or alternative healing practices. My unique background allows me to offer many different approaches, including Intuition Medicine® and energy healing, stress reduction techniques, and yoga.
+ Click Here to See Degrees and Certificates
- MIM, Master Certification in Intuition Medicine®, Academy of Intuition Medicine®, Sausalito, CA 2010-2012
- Sport Psychology Certificate, John F. Kennedy University, Pleasant Hill, CA 2004
- MA Clinical Psychology, California School of Professional Psychology, Alameda, CA 2003
- MS Cognitive Psychology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 1997
- BA Psychology, University of California, San Diego, CA 1992
+ Click Here to See Research & Trainings
- Graduate coursework at the Academy of Intuition Medicine®, 2011-present
- Individual instruction with Michael McCartney, Senior Faculty Member, Academy of Intuition Medicine®, 2011-present
- Individual instruction with Walter Makichen, author of, “Spirit Babies,” 2006-2011
- Medical Intuition coursework at Energy Medicine University, 2012-2013
- Workshop training with Sonia Choquette, 2012
- Workshop training with Anodea Judith, 2012
- Gentle & Restorative Yoga for Women’s Health training with Britt Fohrman, 2014
- Yoga Intensive (100-hour teacher training) with Kimber Simpkins, 2013
- 12-month training working with women with dual-diagnoses and their infants (both prenatal and perinatal), 2005-2006
- Restorative Yoga instruction with Judith Lassater, 2005
- Dissertation Research. Unique aspects of team cohesion with female athletes. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, California School of Professional Psychology/Alliant International University, San Francisco Bay Area, 2005, 2001-2005
- 9-month training working with elementary school students in individual and group settings, 2002-2003
- 12-month training working with women with cancer and their families in individual and group settings, 2001-2002
- User Experience Researcher at Microsoft, WebTV, and eBay. Conducted usability studies with children and adults, analyzed data, and wrote reports; conducted field studies; performed heuristic evaluations; authored and analyzed surveys; ran focus groups, 1996-2001
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Training, 1999
- Master Thesis Research, Graduate Research, and Teaching Assistant at University of Washington. Conducted two original projects including all aspects of data collection (children and adults), coding, entry, and analysis; supervision and training of undergraduate assistants in data collection, coding, and entry. Weekly instruction of undergraduate students in Fundamentals of Psychological Research and Introductory Psychology; graded homework, examinations, and term papers; assisted with examination preparation. Does imagining healthy behaviors increase estimates of performance? Unpublished Master’s Thesis, University of Washington, Seattle, 1997. Misinformation and imagination: Active and passive modes of media presentation. Unpublished manuscript, University of Washington, Seattle, 1997, 1996-1997
- Research Assistant at University of California, San Diego and Children’s Hospital of San Diego. Administered standardized and experimental tests; data collection, detailed language transcription, coding, and entry; data analysis; designed and implemented data coding system including documentation manual; supervised and trained employees and volunteers in data collection, transcription, coding, and entry; prepared procedures manual; redesigned computer-based experiment for children; manuscript preparation, 1990-1996
- Undergraduate Honors Researcher & Instructional Assistant. Conducted original project including all aspects of data collection (adults), transcription, coding, entry, and analysis; write-up and oral defense. The effects of multiple eyewitness testimonies on a juror’s and jury’s ability to reconstruct the original crime. Paper presented at the 5th Annual University of California, San Diego Undergraduate Research Conference, 1992. Weekly instruction of undergraduate students in Biological Psychology and Introductory Statistics; graded homework, class participation, examinations, and term papers; examination preparation. Instructed undergraduate students on how to use Macintosh computers, 1991-1992
- Peer Counselor at University of California, San Diego. Individual counseling for students; co-facilitated therapy group; instructed psycho-educational workshops; lectured, 1991-1992
- While I have advanced degrees in psychology and have received training in prenatal and perinatal psychology, and Intuition Medicine®, I am not a psychologist, psychotherapist, physician, or other licensed health care provider. I offer my services solely as an Intuition Medicine Practitioner and Life Transitions Coach.