Several of the exercises below are adapted from my book, The Energetic Fertility Method: Tools for a Healthy Conception and Beyond. Enjoy!
Saying positive affirmations is a way to help you change your thought patterns so you feel more optimistic, which in turn can help you to build a more loving environment for your future child.
The phrases below are examples to get you started. Choose the wording that works best for you.
• I give myself permission to connect with my future child.
• I’m excited to communicate with my future child.
• I choose to love my whole self ~ my body, mind and spirit.
• I choose to quiet my mind so I can connect more deeply with myself and my future child.
Love Letter to Your Future Child
Opening a line of communication with your baby’s spirit is a wonderful way to connect with your future child. One way to do this is by writing a letter to your child. If you sense more than one baby, write a love letter to each baby spirit.
Things you might mention in the letter include:
• What you envision your life to be like with your baby spirit
• What your house is like; what your hobbies are; what you hope to teach your future child
• How much you love your future child
• If you’re ready to welcome your future child into your family now
It’s really about opening up a dialogue with your future child.
Spend at least five minutes writing this letter. If painting or creating a collage works better for you, go for it. Allow yourself the space to be creative in this process.
In your journal write about any emotions and physical sensations you experienced while completing this exercise. Did you find this exercise easy or challenging? Why do you think this was so? How do you think communicating with your future child can be helpful on your journey towards motherhood?
**If you found this exercise challenging, try completing the exercise entitled, “Connecting With Your Future Child ~ Fears That Get in the Way.”
Connecting Heart-To-Heart with Your Future Child
Connecting with your future child on a heart level lets the baby spirit feel the presence of you and your love, letting him or her know that you want to connect as this deeper level. If you see or sense more than one baby, feel free to connect with each baby spirit separately.
- Close your eyes and take a few deep, cleansing breaths, breathing in and breathing out.
- Ground to the center of the earth.
- With your arms unfolded and your chest open, visualize, sense or feel your baby’s spirit in front of you.
- Visualize, sense or feel a line of energy — like a wide laser pointer — going from your heart to your future child’s heart. Perhaps it has a certain color or a certain pattern. Notice what works for the two of you.
- Infuse this connection with love. Perhaps say something out loud or in your mind’s eye (e.g., I love you) to let your baby spirit know you love him or her. Perhaps send an image that portrays your love through the heart connection. Be creative in how you infuse the connection with love.
- Sit and notice this connection for at least two minutes each day.
You can utilize this exercise with anyone with whom you want a stronger heart connection (e.g., your partner).
In your journal write responses to the following. What emotions were you aware of before, during and after this exercise? Did you feel any sensations in your body as you performed this exercise? Did you sense the heart-to-heart connection with your future child? How might this exercise help you on your way to motherhood?
Connecting With Your Future Child ~ Fears That Get in the Way
Fears often come up when thinking about connecting with your future child.
From a grounded and centered space spend at least five minutes writing about any fears you may have regarding connecting with your future child. Set a timer if it’s helpful.
Some ideas to get you started include:
- There isn’t a baby spirit for me.
- I won’t be able to do what my future child wants.
- My future child won’t feel connected to me.
- I won’t feel connected to my baby spirit.
- My future child will feel more connected with my partner.
- I’m anxious that I won’t be a good mother for my future child.
- I’m scared the baby spirit won’t ever come into my life.
- I’m fearful that I’ll treat the baby how my parents treated me and I don’t want that to happen.
- I’m scared that I’m not healthy enough to have a baby.
If you sense more than one baby spirit, journal about any fears this brings up.
As you completed this exercise, did you notice any physical sensations? What emotions arose as you worked through this exercise? How do you think acknowledging these fears will help you on your fertility journey? Use your journal to write down your answers.
Receiving Love Exercise
This exercise is a way for you to think about love, in particular receiving love, on a deeper level. Especially for women, we tend to give love to others more than we receive love. When you receive love, you can then give more love. One of the things we’re often craving is to feel loved. This is a way to clarify what feeling loved means for you and to bring more of that feeling into your life.
In your journal write answers to the following questions.
• What does love feel like to you?
• What does love look like if you could draw it or describe it?
• What does giving love mean to you?
• What does giving love look like to you? Is there a color, tone or sensation that comes to mind?
• What does receiving love mean to you?
• What does receiving love look like to you? Is there a color, tone or sensation that comes to mind?
• What are some ways you can receive love from yourself?
• What are some ways you can receive love from others?
• How is receiving love now different from when you were a child?
• Does receiving love as an adult hold the same energy as when you were younger?
This is a wonderful exercise to help you open up your heart charka. It’s a way to help you get back to your true self.
Write about your experience with this exercise. Did you find it easier to write about giving or receiving love? What bodily sensations did you experience while completing this exercise? What emotions arose as you completed this exercise?
© 2019-2020 Nancy Mae. All rights reserved. Any unauthorized use of this handout is prohibited by federal law. No part of this handout may be reproduced, copied or transmitted in any form or by any means without permission in writing from Nancy Mae.