Have you ever wondered how the foods we eat influence our body on an energetic level? I have. This led me on a quest to find out more about which foods help our main energy centers, called chakras. Each chakra has it’s own characteristics and is influenced by different foods.
The second chakra is the seat of our sexuality and emotions. It’s located about two inches below the naval and linked with the reproductive system and bladder. It’s also called the sacral chakra and is connected with the color orange and the element of water.
- Chronic low back pain
- Painful periods and other menstrual difficulties
- Difficulty getting pregnant
- Hip pain
- Overactive bladder
- Frequent bladder infections
- Difficulty getting over your last relationship
- Challenges being intimate with others
- Rigid boundaries
- Doing things for others, but not for yourself
- Feeling guilty a lot
To help balance your second chakra using healthy food choices, try incorporating the following into your diet.
- Healthy orange-colored foods (e.g., pumpkin, carrots, oranges, cantaloupe)
- Tropical fruits (e.g., passion fruit, mangos, coconut, bananas, papayas)
- Seeds (e.g., sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, caraway seeds)
- Nuts (e.g., almonds, cashews, walnuts, macadamia nuts)
- Foods with high levels of essential fatty acids (e.g., fish such as salmon, tuna and mackerel; flaxseed meal; leafy green vegetables)
- Drinking water
The third chakra is the seat of our personal power, strength of will, individualism and self-esteem. This chakra is associated with the organs of digestion and is also known as the solar plexus chakra. It’s connected with the color yellow and the fire element.
Challenges pointing to your third chakra requiring attention include:
- Indigestion, diarrhea, gas and bloating
- Stomach ulcers
- Liver issues
- Thoughts of being no good
- Believing you can’t achieve what others can
- Constantly thinking about what and how much you eat
- Needing to be the top dog no matter what
- Getting angry easily
- Consistently having a hard time making a decision
- Feeling like you lack choices for your life
- Trying to do everything hoping to control what happens in your life
By adding in some or all of the following foods you can help bring your third chakra into better balance. Try eating:
- Healthy yellow-colored foods (e.g., bananas, yellow peppers, yellow squash, corn, yellow lentils, Yukon gold potatoes).
- Complex carbohydrates (e.g., spelt, oats, buckwheat, lentils, brown rice, beans)
- Healthy foods with fiber (e.g., nuts, seeds, flaxseed meal, vegetables, lentils)
Processed white sugar tends to be a toxin for the third chakra. If your third chakra needs balancing, it’s a good idea to avoid processed white sugar.
To explore your chakra balance further I invite you to take the FREE Chakra Challenge. JOIN THE CHAKRA CHALLENGE
Alternatively, I also offer 1-on-1 sessions to help you clear and balance your chakras. For info on that, please click the “Book a Session” button and it will open up a window with details about my 1-on-1 sessions.
Book a Session
In Your First Session With Me
We’ll start with a brief discussion about what you’re interested in exploring. Then I’ll go into a meditative state to receive information about your situation on an energetic level. What happens next varies from session to session, but you can count on me sharing what I’m sensing and answering any questions you have along the way.
My regular sessions run 60 minutes in length and are conducted via phone or Skype. The Cost of each session is $250. I also offer packages for a series of 4 sessions or more.