This exercise is a way for you to think about love on a deeper level, in particular receiving love. One of the things we’re often craving is to feel loved. This exercise provides a way to clarify what that means for you and to bring more of that feeling into your life. As women we tend to give love to others more than we receive love. When you receive love, you can then give more love.
In your journal write answers to the following questions.
- What does love feel like to you?
- What does love look like if you could draw it or describe it?
- What does giving love mean to you?
- What does giving love look like to you? Is there a color, tone or sensation that comes to mind?
- What does receiving love mean to you?
- What does receiving love look like to you? Is there a color, tone or sensation that comes to mind?
- What are some ways you can receive love from yourself?
- What are some ways you can receive love from others?
- How is receiving love now different from when you were a child?
- Does receiving love as an adult hold the same energy as when you were younger?
This is a wonderful exercise to help you open up your heart. It’s a way to help you get back to your true self.
Write about your experience with this exercise. Did you find it easier to write about giving or receiving love? What bodily sensations did you experience while completing this exercise? What emotions arose as you completed this exercise?
© 2017 Nancy Mae. All rights reserved. Any unauthorized use of this handout is prohibited by federal law. No part of this handout may be reproduced, copied or transmitted in any form or by any means without permission in writing from Nancy Mae.