We all feel blue from time to time. Maybe you’re feeling down about your job or your partner said something that didn’t settle well with you. When we’re feeling blue it means that there’s stuck energy in us somewhere. In order to get unstuck, we have to find a way to get this stagnant energy flowing.
Here are six tips to help keep the blues away.
- Get your creative energy flowing — When your creative energy is stagnant it leads to boredom. Boredom can lead to feeling blue.
- Ecotherapy — Spend time connecting with nature each day. Even a few minutes makes a difference. If you can’t get outside, imagine smelling a gardenia or walking through a meadow or even visualize yourself sitting on a beach. Studies show that being out in nature decreases stress, increases activity level and improves concentration.
- Ground — When you’re grounded and centered you think more clearly, overwhelm is gone and things roll off your back more easily. There is no way to be fully grounded and feeling blue at the same time.
- Balance your chakras — When your chakras are aligned and balanced, your energy flows more smoothly and you’re less likely to be depressed. Here’s an example of one of my chakra cleansing meditations.
- Say three things that you’re grateful for each day — People who have a daily gratitude practice report feeling more joy, have better immune system functioning and tend to feel less alone and isolated.
- Talk with a trusted therapist or energy practitioner — Being truly heard and seen can do wonders to shift the energy.
These tips can be utilized to help pull you out of the blues and to keep you from dipping into the blues. I encourage you to try them all to see which one(s) works best for you.
Let me know which one(s) is your favorite in the comments below.
If you liked this post, please share it.