Part II in THE ROLE OF BOUNDARIES & SELF-LOVE ON THE PATH TO EMPOWERMENT Series
Healthy boundaries are important for living a healthy life. In part II of this series, you’ll learn three simple energy medicine tools to help you create and maintain healthy boundaries.
As mentioned in part I of this series, boundaries help to define where our energetic space begins and ends, are important so that we can move at our own pace and in our own energy and they help us define who we are and protect us from toxic energies.
Here are three simple energy medicine tools to help you create healthy boundaries.
1. Find the size of your healthy energetic space. Your energy skin is a vibrating energy field also known as the aura. Your aura is your personal energetic boundary. Everything that you come in contact with from the people you interact with to what you read on the Internet and watch on TV can impact your aura – and what’s in your aura can affect all parts of your being – the physical, emotional and spiritual. The condition of your energetic space governs the state of your life. This is why having some idea of where your energy skin begins and ends is so important. Here’s one simple way to help you become more aware of your energetic space.
Finding your healthy auric space is easy.
- Stretch out your arms into a T so they’re parallel to the ground.
- Draw an imaginary circle that goes from the tip of one hand to the tip of the other, so your physical body is in the center of the circle. This is the circumference of your healthy energetic space.
- Bring both arms above your head so your arms are straight and your palms touch. This is the top of your healthy energy field.
- Visualize your aura going under your feet by at least one foot. This is the bottom of your energetic field.
- Bring it all together so you’re in a bubble or egg-shaped cocoon. This is your healthy energetic space.
2. Become mindful of the people and places that constantly zap your energy and vitality. Notice which people, places and situations leave you consistently feeling drained or in a bad mood. Maybe it’s a family member, a co-worker, maybe it’s a friend or maybe it’s a neighbor. Perhaps you find yourself feeling drained each time you leave a particular restaurant or grocery store. As much as possible, limit exposure to these people, places and situations. This will help you keep your energetic space cleaner.
3. Keep unhealthy energies out of your energetic space. If you find other energies getting in your aura, you can visualize, sense or intend putting “Keep out!” or “Stay back!” signs on the edge of your aura. You can also use animals as sentries and plants in different combinations as part of a protective barrier. As you learn to manage your energetic space more and more, you may find that the techniques you use to protect your aura shift and change.
Once I learned about my aura and learned how to listen to it, I saw what a great protector it was for me. I have a deep sense of gratitude for my aura and all that it has done to help me maintain healthy boundaries.
Healthy boundaries are one of the steps on the way to living an empowered life. As we continue on our path to empowerment, self-love plays a larger role. As we learn more about self-love, the role of boundaries becomes less powerful. In part three of this series I will delve in further to explain the difference between boundaries and barriers and how self-love plays a big role in our ability to let go of boundaries so that we can find more empowerment in us and our world.
In the comments below, please share how you plan to implement these simple tools to create and maintain healthy boundaries in your daily life.
If you liked this blog, please share it.